ChronoSync is an application that can be used to communicate with ChronoAgent to give you complete access to your source and destination Macs, making remote synchronizing easy.
ChronoAgent is a very simple utility that allows a copy of ChronoSync, located on another computer, to access all of the files on the ChronoAgent machine as if it was a locally attached hard drive.
An agent is simply a GUIless program that runs external to ChronoSync. ChronoAgent can easily be installed on the same machine as ChronoSync or on another computer and accessed via a network connection.
Here are some key features of "ChronoAgent":
· Full administrative access to all ﬁles regardless of the privileges of the logged in user who is running ChronoSync.
· The ability to communicate with remote machines without having to log in via an AppleShare
· Users don't need to be locally logged into remote machines.
· User/group ID mapping between machines.
· Limitations of a file server connection are circumvented.
· Increased performance.
· When in demo mode, a copy of ChronoSync can connect to this agent but it can only synchronize 500 files at a time over the agent connection.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· All-new ChronoAgent Monitor to help monitor the status of and easily update ChronoAgent from the menubar.
· Enhanced License system preference pane to better report the license status if a demo license is being used.
· Added ChronoAgent Monitor settings and controls to the Advanced system preference pane.
· Added Mountain Lion Firewall and ChronoAgent Monitor information to the Help Center.
· Added support for remote file system observers and remote FSEvent queries for improved sync scan performance in future products.
· Added support for enhanced sync compression for use in future products.
· Added auto-reconnect logic for clients that support it.
· Replaced deprecated APIs with newer APIs.
· Fixed a bug preventing a port number greater than 56535 from being used. 65535 is now numerical port limit.