Server Admin Tools is an app collection which contains remote administration tools, documentation, and utilities that you can install on a computer other than your server.
Here are some key features of "Server Admin Tools":
· Server Preferences and Server Status widget - The Server Preferences application and Server Status widget are for remote administration and monitoring of your server and key services including file sharing, address books, calendaring, instant messaging, mail, web, and virtual private networking.
· Server Admin - The Server Admin application is for remote administration of one or more servers. It can be used to install and setup Mac OS X Server on a remote computer, manage file share points, configure service settings, monitor server activity, and provide detailed logging information for each of the running services.
· Server Monitor - Server Monitor is for the remote monitoring and management of one or more Xserve systems.
· Workgroup Manager - Use Workgroup Manager to remotely manage users, groups, and computer accounts in advanced server deployments. Workgroup Manager is also used to set and manage preferences for Mac OS X users.
· Podcast Composer - Podcast Composer provides a visual step-by-step approach to easily build powerful workflows for Podcast Producer.
· System Image Utility - The System Image Utility application is for the creation and customization of NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore images.
· Xgrid Admin - The Xgrid Admin application allows administrators to remotely manage clusters and monitor the activity of controllers, agents, and the status of jobs on the grid.
· QuickTime Broadcaster - Use QuickTime Broadcaster along with QuickTime Streaming Server to produce professional-quality live events. The QuickTime Broadcaster application can be used to capture live audio and video streams and transmit them to QuickTime Streaming Server for redistribution.
· Documentation - Mac OS X Server includes onscreen help and a suite of orientation and administrative guides. The Getting Started guide in PDF format can be found in the Documentation folder.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Includes additional applications for use with Lion Server. This release includes the latest releases of:
· Podcast Composer
· Server Admin
· Server Monitor
· System Image Utility
· Workgroup Manager
· Xgrid Admin