ATutor is a cross-platform open source web-based learning content management system (LCMS) designed to help teachers gather, package and distribute web-based instructional content.
ATutor provides all the necessary tools to import, retrieve and redistribute prepackaged content.
Furthermore, ATutor helps teachers to conduct their courses online and students to easily and quickly learn in an interactive learning environment.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· MultiSite ATutor Updates: Additional modifications have been made to ATutor Multisite for added stability, including better support for subsite custom themes, and for automated upgrading of multisite installations.
· Expanded Metadata: For courses that are public and should be indexed by external search engines, keyword, description, and title metadata has been improved to produce more effective search results.
· Simple Desktop Update: Various adjustments have been made to the Simple Desktop theme to produce more consistent cross-browser display of the user interface.
· PHP 5.4 Support: The codebase has been updated to support the changes introduced in PHP 5.4.
· Session Timeout Improved: Users are no longer logged out when they have multiple ATutor windows open and one of them happens to timeout. Administrators can also control the timeout period, extending or reducing it in the System Preferences.
· Disable Create Courses: For administrators that would prefer to manage the creation of new co...