Apple Disk Transfer ProDOS (ADTPro) is a utility that cna be used to transfer diskettes and logical disk images between Apple II-era computers and the modern world.
ADTPro features a host (server) component that runs on modern computers with Java, and an Apple II (client) component that runs on any Apple II compatible computer with at least 64k of memory.
ADTPro transfers disks using any of these communications devices:
- Super Serial Card, IIgs modem port or IIc serial port at 115,200 BPS
- Uthernet Ethernet card
- The Apple's cassette ports
ADTPro can be used to transfer either Apple diskette/disk images in DOS or ProDOS format.
Here are some key features of "Apple Disk Transfer ProDOS (ADTPro)":
· Compatibility with any device ProDOS can read
· Compatibility with any Apple ][ (or clone) computer with 64k memory
· Compatibility with many logical disk image formats: .DSK, .PO, .NIB, 2IMG
· Server compatibility with original ADT client program
· Server compatibility with Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, and probably Solaris
· Ability to bootstrap an Apple ][ from bare metal over serial or cassette ports
· Ability to send floppies in 'batch' mode without having to name each one
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· [VDrive] Added the ability to bootstrap into ProDOS with VSDrive active
· [Server] Added a command-line invoker for AppleCommander
· [Server] 5-1/4" disk images with unrecognized filesystems are always written with DOS-ordered physical interleaving
· [Server] Start the numerical part of batch name at 1, not 0; reset the counter when a batch name changes