360Works MirrorSync description
Syncs data between a FileMaker Go or FileMaker Pro and a FileMaker Server
360Works MirrorSync is a powerful yet easy-to-handle synchronization tool that quickly and seamlessly syncs an offline database running on FileMaker Go or FileMaker Pro with a multi-user database hosted by FileMaker Server.
360Works MirrorSync's GUI is simple and intuitive FileMaker synchronization product that connects FileMaker Server with FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.
You will be able to sync the hosted file with their FMGo or Pro clients, go off network to make changes, and sync again when a connection is available.
Furthermore, mobile users can carry an offline copy of their database with them on their iPhones and iPads, or home/remote users can use bidirectional sync with their laptop and desktop computers to work offline.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the 360Works MirrorSync utility on your Mac are available HERE.
360Works MirrorSync is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X and Windows. Binaries for the Windows platform are available on the project's homepage.
Here are some key features of "360Works MirrorSync":
- No plugins required - sync is done with native FileMaker scripting. Just send a copy of the database to anybody with FileMaker Pro and they are ready to sync.
- Automatic conflict resolution, if multiple users change the same record
- Guided setup utility that requires no advanced FileMaker knowledge
- No scripting required - MirrorSync dynamically writes all the scripts for you
- Fast, incremental sync operations take just a few seconds. Users click a button whenever they want to sync.
- Create, modify, delete, and work with related records - MirrorSync handles it all
- No need to work across a slow internet connection - just sync your data whenever you choose
- Automatic deletion tracking - MirrorSync detects when records are deleted on one device and deletes them on the server and other devices, without any work on your part.
- Bidirectional or one-way synchronization
- MirrorSync Demo will allow unlimited syncs from an offline database to the server. After 24 hours of syncing, you must re-download the database from the server.
- Complete overhaul of installation and deployment process. This version no longer installs as part of the FileMaker Web Publishing Engine; it installs its own Tomcat deployment enviroment.
- This should make both MirrorSync and the Web Publishing Engine more stable. It also means that the MirrorSync application does not need to run on the same computer as the Web Publishing Engine.
- We are also now using a native Mac OS X Installer, certified for use with Mountain Lion and Gatekeeper.
- Added a new download link feature. Instead of downloading a database and sending a copy of it to your users, you can generate a URL that you send to your users. Whenever they trigger this URL, it will download the
- most recent copy of the database from the server.
- Adding new tables to the sync configuration will not prevent older offline files from continuing to sync
- New logging features in the Configuration Client. Users can report a bug straight from the config client, and log errors that may occur in the ...