nessViewer is the perfect solution for playing DVDs, recording, viewing and editing images and videos or previewing portable documents (PDFs).
nessViewer is intended to be a media center that provides fullscreen access to internet/iPhoto*/iTunes*/Miro* or volumes, respectivly picture or movie folders.
The nessViewer behaviour is highly customizable and all the available options can be accessed via the Preferences window.
Here are some key features of "nessViewer":
· Media: edit - Of cause there are technically mature programmes for the treatment of films/videos and pictures, but just for quite a lot of little things with the editing of media a few tools would be completely sufficient. So it is miraculous if these tools still exist in the same application with which the media show is created.
· Do you not know this: a picture should be rotated or you need only a part or a few film clips have to be joined to one film or a tiresome introduction or credit should be cut out - with the nessViewer treatment tools you do these tasks simply and fast.
· In nessViewer you find the necessary tools: cut, rotate, flip, add film tracks, customise the size and export in a huge number of formats.
· AppleTV, iPhone, iPod - After editing films in nessViewer they can be exported to a format for AppleTV, iPhone or the iPod.
· Media show: collection - The arrangement of the media for the media show can be selected simply and fast from different storage places. The storage places like iPhoto albums or own media folders are selectable directly from nessViewer and the media selectable from it. All selected media can be sorted and be reworked and be saved in the media show.
· MediaCenter: presentation
· nessViewer allows the user - seated in the armchair or on the sofa - to devote himself to the media variety of his Mac computer and to enjoy his media or to present his created media show to an audience.
· View media - Whether in a common evening with the family or only for relaxing after a busy day: Switch on your Mac. Start nessViewer. Take the Apple remote control. Search for yourselves the most comfortable space and select interesting pictures, films, DVDs or recorded TV films.
· No, you must not take the remote control to select the next film after every film.
· No, nessViewer takes over everything. You concentrate upon the essentials, the film, the DVD or maybe, nevertheless, the media show from the last vacation?
· Surfing the internet on the sofa - Surf relaxed in the Internet, get the actual news of the day e.g. from CNN, look in YouTube at a few funny videos or view a little bit of television. You must not get up from your sofa for it. You must not launch Safari or Firefox. You do your choice with the Apple remote control or the keyboard and nessViewer takes over the necessary work.
Media in nessViewer - In nessViewer the most different media can be used. This concerns:
· Films (videos, - telecasts, podcasts, EyeTV films, - live streams)
· PDF documents
· In nessViewer the media can be edited, arranged and presented. The nessViewer software offers treatment tools which allow to carry out smaller treatments in the media and to avoid therefore the change in more extensive software products.
Pictures processing - For the processing of pictures the following tools are offered:
· Crop parts of a picture
· Rotate (left/right/vertical)
· Flip (vertical/horizontal)
· Save as (in the formats): BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF
Films processing - For the processing of films nessViewer offers a small tool collection. With the tool collection it is possible e.g. to cut films (for removing an introduction, excerpts or advertisements) or to copy (for summarising single short sequences to one single sequence). In detail it contains the following tools:
· Selecting, cutting out, copying and pasting of film parts
· Adding, changing, extracting, removing tracks (e.g., a sound track to a video track)
· Rotate (left/right/vertical)
· Flip (vertical/horizontal)
· Change the size or the choice of a excerpt (e.g. to fade out black beams on top and below)
· Export/convert into different film formats (e.g. for AppleTV, iPhone, iPod)
PDF document processing - For the processing of PDFs the following tools are offered:
· Opening of single pages as a picture
· Extraction of pages as pictures
Media collection and arrangement - With the media show function it is possible to collect media from different sources (e.g. picture or film files, iPhoto albums or internet links) and arrange them. The collection can be used to clean up folders, to convert pictures or present pictures/films/PDF documents. The media show function offers the following tools:
· Add pictures/films/PDFs from folders, iPhoto albums or internet links
· Collection and arrangement of mixed media
· Removing pictures/films/PDFs from folders
· Convert pictures (e.g. to reduce the size of the pictures)
· Media presentation - The nessViewer software enables the presentation of media, media shows or - ad hoc in the media center assembled - playlists.
Manual presentation - In nessViewer media can be presented also without remote control by mouse or keyboard:
· Drag & drop function - media files or folders are dragged on the nessViewer icon in the dock and dropped
· Opening by menu function - media files or folders are opened by the file menu
· Media show presentation function - a media show presentation is started by the menu function
· MediaCenter start function - the media center is started by the menu function and is controlled by the keyboard
MediaCenter - The media center offers the following functions:
· Access to pictures, DVDs, films, PDFs and EyeTV films on (local) volumes
· Access to pictures or films from iPhoto and iTunes (incl. unprotected telecasts and podcasts)
· Access to cinema films offered by Joost
· Access to videos from the - internet (e.g., DailyMotion, German television, Spiegel online, YouTube)
· Access to - live streams (television, films, music videos)
· Ad hoc construction of a playlists with pictures, films, PDF documents
· Presentation of this playlist or single media
· Automatic darkening of the screen after five minutes
· 1 GB of working memory minimally
· 3.7 MB of free storage space on the hard disk for the nessViewer software
· It is recommended to install the following QuickTime extensions to be compatible with most film formats:
· FlipForMac (WMV)
· Apple Remote Control to use the nessViewer media center optimally.
· Fast internet connection to use the internet offer of the nessViewer media center optimally
· Expires after thirty minutes and can be started again for another thirty minutes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Search engine Startpage supported for anonymous internet search
· Provider adaptions