mpg123 is a library that can be used to play and decode MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 audio.
mpg123 works on multiple platforms like Mac OS X, SGI Irix, HPUX 9.x, SunOS4.1.3, Linux, Solaris 2.5, FreeBSD and Cygwin or plain MS Windows.
NOTE: mpg123 is licensed and distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) and GNU Library or Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
Here are some key features of "mpg123":
· support for many platforms (many Unices, MacOSX, Windows) and audio subsystems
· simple but powerful control mode for frontends (commands via STDIN)
· realtime control of efficient equalizer (because built into decoder)
· built-in terminal control keys
· support for gapless playback of mp3 files (skipping encoder/decoder padding/junk)
· many audio data settings: resampling, choose channel, mono, ...
· really efficient with a growing number of assembler optimizations (pentium, MMX, AltiVec, ...)
· support for Relative Volume Adjustment / ReplayGain
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· build fix with older shells (== in configure)