ZippyConverter Lite is one of the most prolific video and audio converters on the Mac and this version brings all that is good about ZippyConverter for a low price.
ZippyConverter uses the ffmpeg, mencoder and QuickTime engines to ensure maximum compatibility. For instance, ffmpeg has a ton of codecs built in but often there are files that may have a little trouble depending on how they were encoded in the first place.
Installing the Perian plug-in for QuickTime ensures that any video that QuickTime can play, ZippyConverter will convert. ZippyConverter will run the file through the Perian codec and then output the file to your desired settings.
Installing Flip4Mac will introduce Windows Media file decoding, the RealPlayer 9 codecs will decode RealPlayer files playable in QuickTime and easilly usable for DVD building. ZippyConverter uses auto detection methods to determine which files may have trouble.
Here are some key features of "ZippyConverter Lite":
· Convert most common video and audio formats for use on iPod, iPhone, AppeTV, iPad, Xbox 360, PSP, MKV, MP4, MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV.
· H.264 encoding available. Improved video and audio conversion.
· Added updated MP4 and MKV support.
· When ripping a DVD you can add metadata to the resulting file.
· ZippyConverter Lite is also offering iPad support.
· 2 days trial period.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed an issue with DVD creation where multiple copies of the same file would be burned as different titles to a disc.
· Fixed an issue where videos encoding for DVD would inadvertaintly run through the secondary engine to correct the file.
· Fixed an issue where some files wouldn’t add themselves to iTunes.
· Fixes an issue where ZippyConverter would hang when trying to get the information about a file before converting it.
· Fixes an issue with Apple Devices conversion where the proper resolution would not be imposed upon some files for sync to an iPod/iPhone or AppleTV.