XinePlayer is a multimedia player for Mac OS X, based upon the stable and mature xine multimedia playback engine.
XinePlayer is designed to be a free replacement for QuickTime Player and DVD Player.
Here are some key features of "XinePlayer":
· Support for many popular formats including MPEG 1/2, QuickTime (MOV), DivX (AVI) and some Windows Media formats (WMV).
· DVD playback (using the VideoLan libdvdcss decoding library).
· DVD menu support for advanced navigation features.
· Fullscreen playback.
· Software deinterlacing.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bugfix: trying to pause stream with multiple files open used to pause all streams.
· Bugfix: control/right-clicking during fill-screen would sometimes steal mouse.
· Bugfix: Some internal stability fixes.
· New: Can now set DVD region to get around some RCE discs.
· New Audio and subtitle language selection.
· Enhance: Default audio level is lower.
· 'Open URL...' menu option.
· Support for playlist-like files (e.g. RealAudio streams from websites).
· Any errors opening a stream are reported.
· Reports progress of network operations.
· Uses less memory and CPU (hopefully) on lower-spec machines.
· Ogg vorbis support.
· If XinePlayer cannot open a movie it will tell you.
· Can automatically resize window on movie size change.
· Display a little notification in the video window when state changes (e.g. deinterlace is toggled, etc).
· Attempt to open any type of file passed (i.e. no longer grey-out files in Open dialogue).
· Deinterlacing is now done via xine's tvtime deinterlace plugin.
· Implement pre...