WebLight is a powerful web development and quality assurance cross-platform utility designed to help people build websites that are free from broken links and non-standard HTML.
WebLight is a web crawler that lets you efficiently maintain xml sitemaps and find markup, css and link problems so you can maintain error free, fully indexed sites without sacrificing productivity. The heart of WebLight is its fast web crawler that makes validating and mapping entire sites, even very large sites, easy.
Unlike most web crawlers that only scan public html pages, WebLight can scan most commonly used web resources - css, (x)html, atom, rss, and xml sitemaps - on local disks, public and private web sites.
But, WebLight doesn't just find non-standard code and broken links like other validators, it lets you categorize classes of validation problems so that you can find real problems without being distracted by noise caused by non-standard code that you intentionally use such as browser specific CSS properties and WAI-ARIA attributes, or other problems that you choose not to fix.
Finally, when your sitemap is ready, WebLight will ping the search engines so they can index your new pages as soon as possible.
Here are some key features of "WebLight":
· Analyzes sites with thousands of links in minutes
· Validates and extracts links from HTML, CSS, News Feeds and Sitemaps
· Works on private, local and public websites
· Review all of the link, css and markup problems on your site.
· Categorize and filter problems
· See the location of problems in the full source
· Generate sitemapindex and multiple sitemap files for large sites
· Set priority, change frequency and last modified date
· Exclude session parameters from URLs
· Java 1.4 or later
· URL limit: 24.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved CSS3 support.
· Eliminated java requirement for Windows and Mac Users