Unity is a unique game creation/editing utility that comes with one of the most impressive game engines on the market. It can be used to build next generation games with ease.
It allows you to include beautiful graphics, vast terrains and lots of trees. It also is compatible with NVIDIA PhysX, and comes with skinnable in-game GUIs.
You can deploy your project to any platform, including Mac or Windows, iPhone, iPad or the current generation consoles.
Here are some key features of "Unity":
Shuriken Particle System:
· Artists and programmers now have complete control over how particles look and behave with Shuriken, the awesome new curve- and gradient-driven modular particle system shipping in Unity 3.5.
· Unity 3.5 helps you quickly bring your scene to life with automatic navigation mesh generation. Bake your navigation data in the editor, and let Unity's high-performance path-finding and crowd simulation take over at runtime.
Occlusion Culling & LOD:
· Bake even faster and more reliably with our rewritten occlusion culling system. When combined with built-in level-of-detail support, it gives large-scale games the performance boost that they need.
Google Chrome Native Client deployment:
· Unity 3.5 comes with support for NaCl publishing, so that the Unity Web Player plays automatically in Chrome without requiring an install. NaCl's speed and compatibility across operating systems makes it ideal for web deployment.
Linear Space Lighting and HDR:
· Create jaw-dropping graphics and stunning visuals with linear space (gamma correct) lighting and HDR rendering, and render them faster than before with Unity 3.5's brand new multi-threaded renderer.
· Graphics card with 64 MB of VRAM and pixel shaders or 4 texture units. Any card made in this millennium should work.
· Using Occlusion Culling requires GPU with Occlusion Query support (some Intel GPUs do not support that).
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Android: Stylus support .
· UI: Windows can now be displayed modally using the GUI.ModalWindow call. Modal windows appear on top of all other Unity GUI elements and prevent interaction with all Unity GUI elements not within the modal window while open. Only one modal window can be open during a frame.
· Android: Fixed touch and stylus input on devices having a single surface emitting both at the same time.
· Android: Fixed performance regression with static batching.
· Android: Added a workaround for android issue 417...