Scansion offers relief for Mac users who are tired of logging into Linux machines or relying on X11 based applications for their modeling analysis.
But its more than just a VCD viewer in a fancy new wrapper. Scansion also adds the ability to view higher abstraction transaction modeling events, tracing transactions as they flow through a system.
This makes it the ideal companion for modeling in SystemC and other environments that support higher level simulations.
Here are some key features of "Scansion":
· Reads standard Value Change Dump (VCD) files for logic waveforms.
· Reads open XML format for transaction traces.
· 64 bit support for handling very large files.
· iChat Theater support to allow sharing your waveforms interactively in an iChat video conference.
· Support for multiple cursors and time delta measurements.
· Tab support facilitate multiple views within the same model.
· A unique "Browse" mode that lets the user view all of the members of a selected module without having to explicitly add those traces. Makes finding what you are looking for much faster.
· Custom colorization for waveforms, transactions and highlighting.
· Display of analog waveforms for viewing mixed-signal data.
· Exporting to a variety of image file formats.
· Scansion offers a rather intuitive GUI.
· Universal Binary.
· Size limited.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Addresses problems displaying inferred structures from dot separated variables in VCD files.
· Members of inferred structures will now show their full hierarchical name within the structure(s) in the Trace Inspector.
· Added an option in the General Preferences to disable inferred structures from dot separated variable names.
· Modified the default colors for valid logic states and structures to be less harsh.