Prompt is an affordable simple teleprompter software solution for Mac
and Windows. User configurable, Prompt! can save in it's own format
and .txt to share between users on Mac and Windows.
Simple is the key to Prompt as it scrolls text, either mirrored or not and has simple word processing functions (like cut, copy, paste and whatever you decide to type from within the program).
Text can be imported and exported to and from the application in the standard .txt format as well as saved with a native Prompt! .pmt format.
Prompt saves its own file format so you can import text for the talent to read and then adjust the settings and then give the application and the file to your on-camera person to practice at their leisure in their own environment regardless of platform, either Macintosh or Windows. Prompt will also keep the scrolling settings you make with the file.
Here are some key features of "Prompt! Lite":
· Plain text can be imported and exported.
· Simple text edit including copy, cut and paste.
· Control over font size and font choice.
· User control of scroll speed and smoothness using the mouse or
· keyboard or remote (not supplied).
· Looping function for unattended use in the keyboard run mode with
· single display.
· Prompt saves in it's own file format (.pmt). So you can send a Prompt file to the person who will be reading and they can send it back to you with their own TABS set, masking placement and any
· changes to the text including the font size.
· You can click and drag the Prompt window to reposition by clicking on the titlebar or the gray area in the edit area or the filename in the scrolling area.
· Option to hide the desktop with black.
· Macintosh or Windows playback with interchangeable saved .pmt files.
· Multi-language support (Left to Right languages only).
· Horizontal flipping (mirroring) of text alone or running flipped/unflipped on multiple monitors or both unflipped on multiple monitors for those who use hardware flipping on one display.
· On-screen timer/progress indicator including estimated time to end of scroll.
· Cue points (Tabs).
· Only works with text files of under 2500 characters.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New graphics and code engine.
· Mac OS X 10.8 support.
· Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) support.
· Larger font sizes and font choice.
· Unicode/Multi-language support.
· Settings can be saved and/or reset.
· Type justification.
· More resolution choices.