Pear Note is designed to create notes that, besides text, can also include audio and video content.
Since Pear Note is designed to work with text, the application provides basic text editing capabilities like spell checking, fonts and colors, cut and paste, undo or redo, spacing, tables, links and more.
The Timeline is a very important part of the Pear Note design because that is the area where you create slides or record audio or video notes. Once the capturing is done you can review the content by using the built in media player.
Each part of your note can be exported individually but you can also share complete Pear Note entries on your website or via Dropbox.
NOTE: To buy Pear Note via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Pear Note":
Records keystrokes, audio, video, and slides:
· Pear Note records audio, video, and what you do, including typing notes and changing slides, on a timeline. Since keystrokes and slide changes are kept on this timeline, you can easily find what was being said during typing or a particular slide.
Search to help you find your notes quickly:
· With Pear Note, there's no need to manually organize notes to find them. You simply bring up search and start typing, and the note you're looking for will pop right up. There's no need to manually sort notes into folders or categories. Pear Note finds notes transparently so you don't have to go looking.
Instantly jump to anywhere in the recording using the text or the slides:
· Not only can you jump to anywhere in your recording by using the timeline slider, but you can also use your text notes or slides. Just click anywhere in the text and playback will jump to the moment you typed that character. Change the slide displayed and playback will jump to the moment you changed to that slide during recording.
Share notes with anyone on the web:
· Generate a web version of your notes that anyone with a web browser can view, play, and interact with. These can be shared via many web services, including Dropbox. Click the demo above to see a generated web version of a note for yourself.
· A video camera for recording video
· A microphone for recording audio
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Pear Note is now fully Retina-capable. So, if you've got a fancy new Retina MacBook Pro, Pear Note should now look a lot prettier. If you don't have one, then just pretend you never read this line.
· Support for images that can be used in Pear Note for iOS version 2.1 or greater
· Fixed bug where saving (including autosave) would cause the slides to move back
· Fixed bug that caused shared documents with special characters to display improperly when hosted on Dropbox
· Fixed bug in audio/video/slides section headers
· Fixed bugs in Spotlight results for Pear Note documents
· Fixed bugs in QuickLook generator for Pear Note documents
· Other bug fixes