MovieStreamer HLS is a Mac OS X audio/video streaming application for users looking to stream professional grade audio and video to the Net.
MovieStream HLS allows you to connect video from input devices that support Apple's AV Foundation.
At the moment, the AV Foundation supported devices include professional video cards and Thunderbolt video devices from Blackmagic Design.
Here are some key features of "MovieStreamer HLS":
· Infrastructure. HTTP Live Streaming does not require any specific servers; a simple Apache HTTP server will suffice. Although bandwidth requirements are the same as for other formats, there is no need to buy a Flash or RTSP server.
· Openness. HTTP Live Streaming makes it possible to include multiple audio tracks in different languages and also multiple resolutions that the user can switch to transparently and automatically. Viewing can start at a lower resolution and then switch to a better resolution bandwidth permitting. The format is also documented and based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream encapsulation which is still in use today in most set top boxes and cable receivers.
· Ease-of-Use. Every web developer can build a website integrating HTTP Live Streaming, building on existing web technologies without having to use external resources or SDKs.
· Cost Effective. No licenses or royalties are required other than what would be paid for the actual content.
· Platform support. Most platforms already support HTTP Live Streaming. Examples are Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad), MacOS X (Safari).
· Requires Monitor Connected (Open GL Active)
· 4 FB Ram
· MovieStreamer HLS will quit after 10 minutes.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added fix in the “Contact Softron Support”. The issue prevented in some configurations to send the correct System log file and System Profiler.