MovieStreamer HLS 2.0b4
Desktop application for HTTP live streaming
MovieStream HLS allows you to connect video from input devices that support Apple's AV Foundation.
At the moment, the AV Foundation supported devices include professional video cards and Thunderbolt video devices from Blackmagic Design.
- Infrastructure. HTTP Live Streaming does not require any specific servers; a simple Apache HTTP server will suffice. Although bandwidth requirements are the same as for other formats, there is no need to buy a Flash or RTSP server.
- Openness. HTTP Live Streaming makes it possible to include multiple audio tracks in different languages and also multiple resolutions that the user can switch to transparently and automatically. Viewing can start at a lower resolution and then switch to a better resolution bandwidth permitting. The format is also documented and based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream encapsulation which is still in use today in most set top boxes and cable receivers.
- Ease-of-Use. Every web developer can build a website integrating HTTP Live Streaming, building on existing web technologies without having to use external resources or SDKs.
- Cost Effective. No licenses or royalties are required other than what would be paid for the actual content.
- Platform support. Most platforms already support HTTP Live Streaming. Examples are Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad), MacOS X (Safari).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- General Stability and performance improvements
- Added support for multiple IO cards
- Added support for AJA and Deltacast cards
- Added support for the direct link with OnTheAir Video 3 and OnTheAir Node 3