Media Inspector (formerly known MediaInfo Mac) is a Mac OS X tool for the analysis and reporting of audio and video files of any kind, and in any type of container.
Ever wondered why the quality on that movie file is so impressive ? You can now "reverse engineer" it and see the exact parameters used to encode it and print, save or share reports online.
Media Inspector runs as a systemwide service, allowing you to analyze files on demand with just a single click and integrates with the Mac OS X Finder, adding a contextual menu item for quick file analysis.
NOTE: To buy Media Inspector via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Media Inspector":
· 100% adware/banners/spyware free.
· Uses the native Mac OS X Cocoa API's for faster and better user experience.
· Runs as a systemwide service, allowing you to analyze files on demand with just a single click. See screenshot
· Integrates with the Mac OS X Finder adding a contextual menu item for quick file analysis. See screenshot
· Allows you to export file reports into a plain text file or to a printer.
· Automatically updates itself when either the core MediaInfo Library or Media Inspector is updated, so you always get the best of both worlds.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed most UI issues reported by several users.
· Fixed Drag and Drop functionality.
· Fixed "Open With..." annoyances.
· Added new icon and graphics for retina display Macs.
· Updated MediaInfo Library