MPlayer OSX Extended is a free and open-source Cocoa based frontend to the MPplayer media player.
MPlayer OSX Extended was built as a simple, easy-to-use yet powerful and versatile media player by harnessing the power of the MPlayer and FFmpeg projects.
You will be able to play any popular media format, even MKV files and ASS advanced subtitles.
Here are some key features of "MPlayer OSX Extended":
· Built upon MPlayer and FFmpeg
· Intuitive and clean GUI
· Play MKV files
· Open ASS subtitles
· Supports a wide range of video and audio formats
· Playlist, inspector and full-screen mode
· Audio and video equalizers
· Video screenshot maker
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Redesigned fullscreen controls by Steven La. Thanks!
· Add audio output device selection to preferences.
· New no-distraction fullscreen option (blocks menu, dock, task switcher, growl, etc).
· Improve visibility of scrub bar badge.
· Add option to enable equalizers by default and save defaults for the video equalizer.
· Add tab-key to cycle timestamp display modes (shows controls first in fullscreen).
· Remember timestamp display mode (separately for player/playlist).
· Improved Spaces compatibility.
· Fix MPE not opening any new files if all player windows have been closed.
· Fix Fontconfig having to always rebuild its caches when using 32bit and 64bit clients.
· Fix loosing audio when plugging/unplugging headphones.
· Fix on top while playing when a movie is starting.
· Fix MPE not launching when the screenshot save location doesn't exist.
· Fix a bug that would toggle out of fullscreen when playing from the playlist.
· Fix issues with files that contain problematic meta...