Gnash 0.8.9 / 0.8.10 Beta
A player for animated movies in the Macromedia Shockwave Flash (.swf) format that can be run as a graphical application, as a Web browser plugin, or as a library used by other programs
If you try to install Gnash using the package manager, the dependencies may be solved by the package manager. Gnash includes FFMPEG in the codecs list, so any file supported by Mplayer should work with Gnash.
Ffmpeg includes the codecs used by the current SWF definition, such as FLV, VP6 (ON2), H.263, H.264, and MP3.
Detailed instructions on how to build Gnash from source on your own Mac are available on the Bulding on Mac OS X page.
- Standalone and browser plugin
- SWF compliant
- HQ output
- Stream videos
- XML message server
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.8.10 Beta
- Qt4 GUI supports mouse wheel, clipboard, and screen resolution.
- Enhanced UI support for script limits (abort popups, user prefs).
- BitmapData functions copyPixels(), copyChannel(), perlinNoise() and noise() implemented.
- Node id mapping in ActionScript XML class implemented (XML.idMap).