Express Dictate is a PC based voice recorder that works like a dictaphone and a dock station for a portable recorder. You dictate using your computer or a portable dictaphone/notetaker and send your recordings to your typist or assistant by email, internet or over your computer network.
Express Dictate can dramatically improve the turn around time for work and, most importantly, lets you work from wherever you want. As long as you have access to a computer with email, you can dictate from where you are - even overseas.
A full description of Express Dictate follows but a quick way to try it out is to download and install now. You don't need to purchase to download and it only takes a couple of minutes to complete the process (click here to install). After you have tested Express Dictate and found it to be suitable, you can purchase a user licence.
Express Dictate uses state of the art digital audio processing and compression technology to record and transmit audio.
It also includes features such as automatic editing, voice activated recording and 256bit encryption. Express Dictate will also keep track of the progress of work and the expected completion time.
You can also use your existing portable dictaphone/notetaker while you are away from your computer. The Express Dictate Transfer from Portable Dictaphone/Notetaker ("Dock") feature lets you transfer the dictation quickly and easily and send it to your typist or assistant via the internet or your computer network.
Express Dictate is designed to have the features that you need made as simple as possible and is reliable for day to day operation.
Here are some key features of "Express Dictate":
· Digital audio recording with suburb signal processing quality (32 bit DSPs are used).
· Automatic non destructive record editing with multiple record modes including record-insert, record-overwrite and record-at-end.
· Ability to send recordings directly to a typist immediately by email, over an ordinary computer network or via FTP.
· Audio compression to reduce file and transmission size. Codecs supported include PCM, wav, mp3, gsm and many more.
· Ability to 'dock' normal analog and digital handheld dictation recorders so even if you don't record with Express Dictate you can still use it to transmit recordings to your typist via email.
· Supports recording encryption if you are required to secure patient or client data for transmission over the internet.
· Ability to attach files to the recordings or type in notes for your typist or the record.
· Can be controlled by system-wide hot keys (so you can record while working in other screens).
· Hand controllers and foot pedals can also be used if you prefer.
· Comes with free foot pedal controlled player software which your typist will love.
· Easy-to-use interface designed so non-technical users will be using it in just minutes.
· [Optional] Internet Connection (to send recordings via Internet)
· [Optional] Computer Network (to send recordings via LAN)
· [Optional] Foot pedal dictation controller. VPE model only works on Mac
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed When Save to dct appears message says that you are she to non-dct and attachment will be lost
Reasons why this program is marked as ad-supported:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function