Clipstart is an easy to use application for your Mac that complements your photo application to give you a place that is designed for home movies.
Import your movies, tag, search, and upload with one click to Flickr and Vimeo.
You can even quickly upload a trimmed portion of a movie without needing to save a new copy. If you have dozens or hundreds of short movies from a Flip or video camera, Clipstart provides the workflow to finally make sense of them.
NOTE: To buy Clipstart via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Clipstart":
· Fast keyboard-driven tagging interface that doesn't get in your way.
· No-prompt upload to send the video to Flickr or Vimeo with a single click.
· Trim the movie selection to upload without modifing the original movie file.
· Browse by year, tag, and full name, filepath, and tag search.
· Automatically finds all your movies on first launch so you're ready to tag and upload.
· Import movies from a connected camera or SD card with thumbnail previews.
· Points to movies anywhere on your hard drive, or automatically copies them to a central location.
· Name, tags, and "taken on" date automatically set on Flickr.
· Change current privacy upload settings at any time.
· Natively play and edit Flip Video files.
· Upload history keeps track of which files you have uploaded.
· Saving tags for more than 30 movies and uploading more than 3 movies are disabled in this demo version.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Now requires Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Please do not upgrade to this version if you are running 10.5 or 10.6.
· Added "Consolidate" command for finding videos that have not been imported or duplicates outside the library.
· Added AppleScript support for uploading videos. See the help menu for scripting examples.
· Improved performance throughout the app, especially with importing and refreshing video thumbnails.
· Improved error message when failing to import all videos from a camera.
· Fixed tags field on Add Folder dialog not resetting tags value after an import.
· Support for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion's Gatekeeper security.