Cocoa based 3D modeling, rendering and animation
Cheetah3D is a lean, fast and elegant 3D modeling, rendering and animation package for MacOS X with an easy learning curve.
Cheetah3D is a great tool that offers many useful features from powerful polygon editing over advanced subdivision modeling to HDRI and radiosity renderings.
Cheetah3D provides the most useful features you need to get the job done, and organises them within a beautifully elegant user interface that's powerful, intuitive and quick to work with.
Performing truly advanced operations in Cheetah3D will seem like second nature very rapidly. Cheetah3D provides a level of productivity that you will be hard pressed to equal in software ten times the cost!
Here are some key features of "Cheetah3D":
- Written from the ground-up in Cocoa!
- Universal Binary application.
- Highly intuitive, thoroughly Macintosh-like user interface.
- OpenGL preview.
- Quad 3D view.
- Customisable UI layout.
- Almost all parameters can be animated.
- Polygons can have any number of edges (ngons).
- Full set of object, polygon and point selection tools.
- Full transformation hierarchy.
- Additional features can be assigned to objects using tags.
- Intuitive editors for objects, materials and properties.
- Up to 16 different materials per mesh.
- A Fully integrated, multi-threaded renderer.
- Drag and drop materials onto your polygon selections.
- Link external 3D files into the scene.
- Multi object selection.
- Character animation tools.
- Customisable hot keys.
- Customisable mouse controls.
- Customisable toolbar.
- Scene objects: Cameras, Point Lights, Area Lights, Distant Lights, Spot Lights, Folders, Smart Folders, Joint.
- Modifier objects: Array, Bulge, Build, Displace, Ring, Shear, Spherify, Subdivide (Catmull-Clark, Stam-Loop, Linear), Symmetry, Taper, Transform, Twist, Warp.
- Parametric polygon objects.
- Polygon object (ngon support): Cube, Ball, Cone, Disc, Plane.
- Polyhedra ( [truncated] Tetra-, Octa-, Dedeca- and Icosahedra): Cylinder, Torus, Tube, Stair, Relief (height field).
- Parametric spline objects: Spline Curve (linear, Bezier curve, Bezier spline, NURBS), Circle, Rect, Star, Cog, Flower, n-Edge, Helix.
- Text (through any installed True Type Font).
- 16 MByte VRAM
- 1024 MByte RAM
- Internet connection (just during registration)
- Fixed crashing bug in ring select tool
- Fixed bug in OpenGL preview
- Fixed bug in mouse dragging delay
- Fixed bug in ruler tool
- Fixed bug in "Cheetah3D forum" menu command
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Cheetah3D 6.2.1 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |