CNS Image is a FileMaker plug-in for working with images that will allow you to work with images stored in container fields or stored on the hard drive.
On the most basic level, you can use CNS Image to Import images from the hard drive into FileMaker container fields and Export images from container fields to the hard drive.
However, you will find these basic functions much more powerful than FileMaker's Import and Export. The format of the image you Import or Export can be different than the original.
You can use dialogs or hard-coded paths to locate and save images. You can even Import PDFs on Windows and see a preview of the first page just like you have been able to do on Mac for years.
· Download GUI elements to your solution.
· Create any sized thumbnails for images.
· Download webcams and other dynamic images to your solutions.
· Create an image browser.
· Create a catalog solution.
· Turn a PDF into separate images for cross-platform viewing in FileMaker.
· Create a screenshot gallery of your solution complete with thumbnails.
· Example database includes six mini solutions as starting points.
· Remember, this is just a short list of ideas, the possibilities are countless.
Here are some key features of "CNS Image":
· Import Images with dynamic paths and filenames
· Export Images with dynamic paths and filenames
· Get a variety of information about an image
· Convert image type, size, resolution, depth, quality, and target size
· Crop an image
· Rotate an image
· Reflect or flip an image
· Resize an image
· Transform an image (squish or stretch)
· Download an image from the internet directly into a container field
· Extract layers of an image as new images (Including Photoshop Layers and PDF pages)
· FileMaker 7.0v3 or later
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated to the latest version of ImageMagick bringing in almost two years of improvements.
· Fixed an issue with Importing PDFs where the plug-in wasn't releasing the file causing "still in use" errors.
· Completely rewrote the internal image/file/container handling code to be much more simple and work much better.
· Added User-Agent HTTP header to the get GetFromURL code to fix issues with some web servers.
· Updated the internal networking code to fix crashing issues with GetFromURL.
· Changed how GetFromURL was handling redirects to fix crashing issues on Windows.
· Fixed issues with initializing the ImageMagick library.
· Updated the PDF conversion process to produce much better images by setting the quality to 100%/lossless.
· Fixed issues with converted images not getting the correct file extension.
· Fixed issues with converting to BMPs that could not be viewed by OS X's Preview app.
· Fixed issues with converted images from container fields not getting the original filename.
· Fixed issues with cl...