Stay up to date and entertained with podcasts and video podcasts. Discover new music with Last.fm radio. Sync your iPod, G1 phone, and other devices.
Through plugins, Banshee can be extended to support podcasting, Internet radio, and much more.
Banshee is written in C# on the Mono platform using GNOME technologies (Gtk#, GStreamer, etc). Banshee is free/open source software, released under the MIT/X11 license.
Here are some key features of "Banshee":
· All the power of Banshee, now for your videos
· Sync your music and videos to your G1, iPod, or other device
· Download or stream podcasts and video podcasts
Last.fm Streaming Radio:
· Listen to favorites and discover new music with free, streaming music from Last.fm
· Queue up songs, videos, and podcasts on the fly
· Artwork is automatically fetched as you listen
· Filter your library or playlist by selecting artists or albums
Powerful Search, Smart Playlists:
· Find exactly what you want, fast
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Dap.MassStorage: add product id for (WebOS) Palm Pre 2
· Add .amr extension to import whitelist
Notable Bug Fixes:
· DatabaseTrackInfo: don't default to MusicFilePattern when null
· DapPropertiesDialog: Make sure progress bar value is valid
· PlaylistFileUtil: Only import playlist items that are files
· Avoid race when using GConf and DBus with threads
· ListView: Do not enable a11y when it would cause freezes
· Dap: better check for the playing track before ejecting
· PrimarySource: prevent AddTrackJob respawn if cancelled
· LastFm: Avoid crashing if scrobbling response is not JSON
· configure: stop using obsolete AutoMake macro
· Docs: Removed "Common Problems"
· Mtp: Fix file type in sync with libmtp > 1.1.0
· Dap: Use Unicode codes for quotation marks
· LastFm: Null check for scrobble parameters
· Add GTK category in .desktop files to comply with spec
· StatisticsPage: Fix crash when no tracks are selected