BabelColor CT&A is a collection of tools specifically designed for color translation, measurement and analysis.
Tools are all grouped by theme in individually managed windows and here is a short description of each window:
· RGB vs RGB: A bidirectional RGB color-space translator and comparator tool. This tool accepts manually entered L*a*b* and RGB inputs; it does not require a color measurement instrument although an instrument can be used to input data (instruments purchased separately). All other tools need spectral data in order to provide results; these tools are collectively called spectral tools. Except for the FluoCheck tools, all spectral tools accept inputs from an i1Pro or i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer, manufactured by X-Rite; the FluoCheck tools requires an i1Pro 2.
· Density: A full featured densitometer which can measure Reflection Density, Dot Area, Apparent Trap, Print Contrast, Hue Error, Grayness, and Saturation.
· FluoCheck: The FluoCheck tools provide numerical data on the color stability of one or two samples under the M0, M1, and M2 Measurement Conditions as defined in ISO 13655.
· Graph: The Graph tools enable you to compare two spectrums and perform simple spectral math operations between them (add, subtract, average, multiply). Measurements can be taken in reflectance, emission, ambient and flash modes.
· ISO 3664+: The ISO 3664+ tools can be used to evaluate the viewing conditions for Prints, Transparencies, and Color monitors, as per ISO 3664, with additional flexibility in setting the individual goals.
· Metamerism Index (MI): The MI tools provide numerical data on the color stability of a single sample (color inconstancy) or of a pair of samples (metamerism) under various illuminants.
· RAL Design: This tool is used to obtain the color of a measured sample in RAL DESIGN notation.
· Whiteness: The Whiteness tools are designed to measure the whiteness, brightness, fluorescence, and opacity of printing papers.
For photographers, press operators, graphic and web designers, product and textile designers, scientists, hobbyists.
Here are some key features of "BabelColor CT&A":
· Compare, convert, and analyze colors from any RGB space and color catalogues, two colors at a time.
· Measure colors using the Eye-One line of colorimeters and spectrometers. Transform your spectrometer into a full-featured densitometer, a powerful color-stability analyzer (virtual light booth, color inconstancy, metamerism), a multi-purpose spectrum viewer, and into a unique instrument dedicated to the analysis of monitors, light booths, transparencies illuminators, and ambient light as per ISO 3664.
· Designed for Windows and Mac. Compatible with Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS X (PowerPC and Intel), and Mac OS 8-9 (V-2.1 only). Although the interface is very similar on all platforms, the menus are laid out and labeled according to the user-guidelines for each platform.
· Includes many tutorials to learn how to use the program features and, at the same time, better understand color technology.
· Includes a complete help manual with basic color theory and detailed equations. "HTML Help" is used in Windows while a PDF file (250+ pages) is provided for the Mac. All help documents contain thousands of hyperlinks, for easy navigation, and a complete index. You can keep and use the Help even if you do not buy the program!
· Minimum: Mac OS X 10.4+, 750 MHz, 1024x768 (the task bar should be hidden to maximize the display area), 32 bit color, 512 MB RAM
· Recommended: Mac OS X 10.6+, 1.0+ GHz, 1280x1024 display, 32 bit color, 1 GB+ RAM
· Limited features.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Toolbar window : The tools can now be accessed with new a top-level window which contains: a toolbar, controls to select a measuring instrument, and status lights for the features supported by the connected instrument (measurement modes, measurement conditions, spectral tools compatibility).
· Separate tools windows.
· One or more tool can be opened and used at any given time.
· Simply click on a window and make a measurement by pressing the i1Pro or i1Pro 2 button, even if different measurement modes are selected in each window.
· The Main screen of previous CT&A versions is now called the RGB vs RGB tool. This tool opens in a separate window, like the other spectral tools.
· Added support for the X-Rite i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer.
· This instrument is used in the 'RGB vs RGB' tool and in all spectral tools.
· Supported models: i1Pro 2 M0/M1/M2, i1Pro 2 M2 only.
· Supports the M0, M1, and M2 measurements mode for reflectance measurements.
· Supports X-Rite’s XRGA calibration standard for...