Create Mandelbrot and Julia fractals at a high speed
Fraqtive is a free and open source application that will help you draw Mandelbrot and Julia fractals.
- Very fast algorithms. Maximum speed is the main objective of Fraqtive. It has built-in, highly optimized procedures for performing calculations. Whenever possible, it takes advantage of the SSE2 extension (available in most modern CPUs) for maximum performance. It can also perform parallel computation on multi-core processors (or multi-processor systems). A special optimization algorithm can skip regions containing few details speeding up calculations up to nine times without significant loss of quality.
- Real-time navigation. You can zoom in and out, move and rotate the fractal in real-time, and the details are automatically updated. Fraqtive has many modes of navigation using the mouse and also supports the mouse wheel and keyboard. As you move the mouse over the fractal surface, an animated preview of the Julia fractal corresponding to the point under the cursor is drawn.
- High quality images. Another goal of Fraqtive is to ensure good quality of the produced images. A color smoothing algorithm is used make transitions between colors invisible. The gradient used to draw the fractal can be freely and easily edited. In addition the image can be post-processes to improve quality of regions containing lots of details.
- Rendering 3D scenes. Fraqtive can render the surface of the fractal as a 3D scene for even better visualization of the fractal structure. The OpenGL library is used for hardware accelerated rendering and best performance even for high resolution meshes.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- generating series of images
- fixed navigation at high zoom levels
- increased the maximum number of iterations
- added the tool strip and other UI improvements