WG2 is a weather application that was created for viewing and interacting with real-time data from radar and/or algorithm sources.
The goal of WG2 is to enable you to view new experimental data at resolutions, speeds and formats not available in other software.
Furthermore, WG2 can handle fast interaction of time-based data where optionally that data can be grouped into radar volume coverage patterns.
WG2 is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "WG2":
· Uses Nasa Worldwind java API for main earth views.
· Uses InfoNode docking windows for multiple display support and layout.
· Uses GeoTools for GIS features (ESRI shapefiles).
· Real-time Vertical slicing of data sources.
· Unique time and volume navigation.