Ultra Fractal is a very easy to use application that allows you to create your own fractal art. Today, fractals are much more than the Mandelbrot sets that you may have seen before.
With Ultra Fractal, you can choose from thousands of fractal types and coloring algorithms, zoom in as far as you want, use gradients to add color, and apply multiple layers to combine different fractals in one image.
Ultra Fractal is very easy to use and yet more capable than any other fractal program. No mathematics required.
NOTE: To buy Ultra Fractal via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Ultra Fractal":
· Explore thousands of fractal types and coloring options
· Enjoy unlimited deep zooming
· Tweak parameters with the versatile Explore feature
· Color your fractals and add transparency effects
· Compose fractals with layers, masks, layer groups and Photoshop-like merge modes
· Image import
· Create fractal animations easily with the powerful animation features
· Open and organize your fractal files
· Render your artwork to produce fractal movies and high-quality images for printing and publishing
· Accelerate fractal calculations by connecting to other computers on your network
· Write your own fractal formulas
· Share fractals and get help on the mailing list
· With excellent help file and PDF manual
· At least 1 GB of memory (RAM) is required, 2 GB or more is recommended.
· Installing Ultra Fractal on your hard disk takes less than 20 MB, but you will want to reserve extra space to store fractals and rendered images.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added Cmd+Shift+S keyboard shortcut for File > Save As.
· Added Developer ID signing for OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
· Fixed graphics problems (e.g. the fractal window would not redraw) on OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
· Fixed incorrect mouse behavior in Full Screen mode: e.g. double-clicking would zoom twice instead of just once.
· Fixed a bug that caused the Red and Blue merge modes to be swapped in the fractal window (but they worked correctly when rendering to disk).
· Fixed crash when dragging files from the Finder over the browser in Ultra Fractal.
· Fixed bug that caused the explore/eyedropper buttons to disappear in the Layer Properties tool window when in floating mode (not docked).
· Changed the default gamma value that is saved when exporting or rendering to file formats that support this (e.g. PNG) to 2.2, the default value since OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). This ensures that if you re-import a rendered image, the colors will stay the same.