Simulum is a project that deals with different simulations of star movements and their visualizations. At first we look at the projection and accumulation of star brightness.
In actually doing this we have to distribute stars among a three dimensional figure. To get a nice effect we combine the photographic image production with a moving view point.
So we get the visual impression of flying through a star field.
Secondly we will study different algorithms of particle movements and clustering. The primary approach will use a combination of Newton's gravitational law, energy and impulse conservation.
You may produce highly dynamic views at different stages, a processe that will lead at least to an interesting screen saver.
Note: Now you could start the main program by calling (or maybe just clicking)
java -jar lib/mulumis.jar
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GUI, also WebStart able
· maximized GUI view
· gravity engine implemented
· manual viewer
· manual viewer with movement delay
· c applet interface changed, now movement parameters are "linear",
· "circular", "circularNormale", "manual" and "manualDelay"
· Trace included
· configuration file included
· GUI resizeable
· delay (snapshot) parameter for nice effects
· gravity engine is constructed by configurable AbstractGravityFactory
· GUI uses SpringLayout
· separated "Camera" and "Gravity" panels