Softpedia Editor's Review for SPSS Statistics
Statistical data modeller currently used within in government, academic and commercial organizations for analyzing and solving research and business problems
Written by Sergiu Gatlan on July 26th, 2013
Regardless of you being a tried professional that worked in data analysis for years on end or a normal user that needs to find new insights deeply hidden within your data, the IBM's SPSS Statistics application is the tool you'll need.
Besides allowing one to get a clear overview of the possible outcomes of a given action or trend, SPSS Statistics also features a built-in statistical modeling tool that makes it really easy to put years of research to good use by allowing you to effortlessly graph and analyze the collected data using your Mac.
Typically, in order to get to what lies underneath the surface of a data set you should have to analyze it in detail, relying only on the fixed results obtained via direct experiments. SPSS Statistics also enables you to adjust any of the parameters for being able to simulate a variety of outcomes, based on your original data.
Additionally, if you've got multiple data files at hand, SPSS Statistics makes it very easy to perform a deep comparison between them, either by running a case by case comparison for any selected variables or by juxtaposing the document metadata.
The SPSS Statistics software also comes with a highly intuitive and fast chart building tool, a feature that greatly eases the way you are visualizing your data modeling project's contents. Once you open the chart builder, you are presented with a list of all your project's variables and a with gallery of chart templates to choose from. After the variables that should be plotted onto the chart and adjusting the selected chart template, all that remains to be done is to hit the "OK" button and SPSS Statistics will start to plot the data according to your specifications.
Next, you will be able to analyze the plotted information using the integrated "Statistics Viewer", a instrument that vastly alleviates the burden of collecting the best results for the input data set, in a timely and efficient manner.
Overall, this application is not only a Swiss army knife for all data analysts but it can also prove to be a very useful tool for any user that wants to get an in depth look at what lies behind a collection statistical data gathered or downloaded from websites or institutions that offer analytical views of a multitude of subjects.
SPSS Statistics description
Here are some key features of "SPSS Statistics":
- Enterprise deployment and management integration
- Powerful research tools
- Reporting toolkit
- Statistical programming features
- Professional grade presentation output
- Improves your workflow for saving more time than ever
- Memory: 1GB RAM or more recommended
- Minimum free drive space: 800MB
- XGA (1024x768) or higher-resolution monitor
- DVD drive
- New offerings:
- The PASW Bootstrapping module will make it easy for analysts to use this valuable technique
- The PASW Direct Marketing module will enable marketers to run key analyses on their own
- A new product, PASW Statistics Developer, will make it easy to work with R and share procedures with others
- Improved automation:
- The Automated Data Preparation feature (in PASW Data Preparation) detects and corrects quality errors in one efficient step
- New analysis and reporting:
- New nonparametric tests (in PASW Statistics Base)
- Post-computed categories (in PASW Custom Tables)
- Significance tests (in PASW Custom Tables)
- Rule checking in Secondary SPC Charts (in PASW Statistics Base)
- Improved architecture and technology:
- Improved performance and display for large pivot tables for all modules
- Enhanced Model Viewer allows for interactive visualizations for Two Step Cluster analysis and Nonparametric tests (in PASW Statistics Base), and Automated Data Preparation (in PASW Data Preparation)