PsychoPy will combine the easy Python syntax with the graphical strengths of OpenGL to give psychophysics a free and simple stimulus presentation and control package.
The aim of PsychoPy is to give you a toolkit for control timing and windowing and a set of stimuli and methods.
Here are some key features of "PsychoPy":
· Simple syntax
· OpenGL based
· Unicode text rendering in any TrueType font
· Multi-monitor support
· Plays movies (mpg, DivX, avi, QuickTime...) as stimuli
· Integration with CRS Bits++
· Integration with Spectrascan PR650
· Simple / complex GUIs via wxPython
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
ADDED: preview of Sol Simpson’s ioHub for faster (asynchronous) polling of hardware including mouse, keyboard, eyetrackers and other devices. See iohub demos for example usage. This provides many advantages over previous event polling:
· asynchronous process allows constant polling (not tied to refresh rates) in a way that won’t impact the rendering of your stimuli. It even runs on a separate CPU core if possible.
· provides up/down/duration for key presses
· provides unicode character (rather than simply key name for keyboard)
· provides a unified API for eyetracker classes
· provides async access to the parallel port
· provides an alternative data output format (using hdf5) particularly useful for high-output streaming data (e.g. eye-trackers)
· IMPROVED: substantially (~40%) faster loading of RGB images from disk (by using byte format rather than float). May also allow storing of more images on graphics card than previously
· ADDED: AdvancedMicrophone class to add and retrieve a high-frequency t...