Proteomic data analysis tool in Java
ProteoIDViewer aims to simplify proteomics data sharing for laboratory scientists to solve one of the main difficulties to open proteomic data analysis and large scale data sharing (http://code.google.com/p/mzidentml-viewer/).
The laboratory scientists are the main users of the mzIdentML Viewer which does not require bioinformatics support to get started. The viewer can be simply downloaded and installed with no complex setup procedures.
ProteoIDViewer provides intuitive and useful views of peptides/proteins and the search metadata. moreover, the software calls any of the functions within mzIdentML Library, and exporters to spreadsheets.
ProteoIDViewer is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
- Protein-view: all proteins identified and the supporting peptide evidence for each identification
- Spectrum-view: ranked identifications for each input spectrum and peptide fragmentation data.
- Peptide-view: all peptides identified, and potential protein mappings for each peptide
- Global-view: global statistics include total peptide-spectrum matches, FDR, in addition to plotting FDR data into graphs for better visualisation.
- Protocols-view: spectrum identification protocol and protein detection protocol data