PhiloLogic is a free and open-source tool for full-text search, analysis and retrieval.
PhiloLogic provides support for very many textual and hypermedia databases in collaboration with numerous academic and commercial institutions.
Users will be able to analyze textbase as a set of coordinated or related databases including an object database, a word forms database, or a word concordance index mapped to textual objects.
PhiloLogic is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the PhiloLogic utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "PhiloLogic":
- TEI-Lite XML/SGML Unicode support
- MySQL back-end for bibliographic searching
- XML-aware or non-XML bibliographic loaders
- Tolerates fault
- Supports plaintext, DocBook and Dublin Core/HTML
- Many configuration options
- Full 64 bit support and a combined Linux/OS-X download;
- Significantly streamlined compile/installation process;
- Improved MySQL integration;
- Better OS-X support;
- Improved search performance;
- Extensive bug/error fixes (noted on the wiki)
- Better Collocation Tables and new Collocation Clouds