Periodic Table V is an easy-to-use and comprehensive periodic table for the Mac.
Periodic Table V dispalys the periodic table in a compact form the relationships between all the elements in the universe.
In other words, Periodic Table V is a versatile chemistry reference tool for your Macintosh that takes the periodic table beyond the simple paper periodic table found in so many textbooks and classrooms.
Periodic Table V comes with a large number of data and easy to use features, providing a superb tool for chemists and chemistry students, as well as anyone who is fascinated with science or the world around them.
Moreover, Periodic Table provides a variety of historical information on element discoveries, element name etymologies and more.
Whether you're looking for aluminum or actinium (or aluminium), melting points or magnetic susceptiblities, or zinc or zirconium, Periodic Table V will provide it for you.
Here are some key features of "Periodic Table V":
· Quick access to a wide variety of atomic properties.
· Relative values of many atomic properties are viewable as highly customizable, exportable tables and graphs.
· Supports tables based on external or user-created custom data.
· Quick molecular mass calculations.
· Clean, clear, easy to understand interface, optimized for Mac OS X.
· Highly configurable--choose a table to view at startup, choose units of displayed values, table appearance, and much more.
· Support for viewing multiple tables and graphs simultaneously.
· Controls and design help to emphasize relationships and trends between elements, and the structure of the table itself.
· Want to learn more about the periodic table? Check out Alchemist's Challenge!
· Need your chemistry data all the time? Check out ChemDuet... chemistry on your iPod!
· 30 days trial
· The molecular mass calculator (understands parentheses and hydrated compounds).
· Data and unit-switching is only available for "red" (physical) properties.
· Saving certain preferences (lets you set a startup periodic table, etc.)
· Most of the properties periodic tables and property graphs are unavailable until you register except for the physical (red) properties, discovery nation.
· The Abundances, Discovery, and Uses buttons and information on the element information screen.
· You cannot save/export as images any of the property periodic tables, or save custom tables.
· Graphing only allows the built-in sample graphs and physical properties until you register.
· Nag Screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 5.0 beta 5 does not expire
· better full screen display of Appearance and Discovery Nation
· more bugs squashed