OPSIN is an easy to use, simple application that was designed to analyze chemicals included in the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry nomenclature.
You can deploy easily OPSIN via the Terminal; the only thing you have to do is input a chemical name and the detailed information about it will be displayed momentarily.
OPSIN is developed using the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for dialdoses,diketoses,ketoaldoses,alditols,aldonic acids,uronic acids,aldaric acids,glycosides,oligosacchardides, named systematically or from trivial stems, in cyclic or acyclic form
· Added support for ketoses named using dehydro
· Added support for anhydro
· Added more trivial carbohydrate names
· Added support for sn-glcyerol
· Improved heuristics for phospho substitution
· Added hydrazido and anilate suffixes
· Allowed more functional class nomenclature to apply to amino acids
· Added support for inverting CAS names with substituted functional terms e.g. Acetaldehyde, O-methyloxime
· Double substitution of a deoxy chiral centre now uses the CIP rules to decide which substituent replaced the hydroxy group
· Unicode right arrows, superscripts and the soft hyphen are now recognised