Newhall is an open source and Java based implementation of Franklin Newhall's model for soil moisture regime determination.
The model functions by taking temperature and precipitation data from a point location, interpreted as monthly averages, and simulates the behavior of the moisture profile.
It functions off the concept of horizontal moisture recharge and vertical discharge within the moisture profile.
Newhall is a desktop Java 5 application capable of running on all platforms supporting Java SE (Windows, Linux, MacOS X, Solaris, so forth).
· Java 1.5 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug with some models reporting stats that are not valid for a
· 360-day model year. A region of code was running once in datasets that
· ran properly, and twice in the problem datasets. A hack has been put
· in place over the old BASIC logic, making the datasets produce better
· results. Two unit tests were introduced to check this change.