Integrates mathematical computing, visualization and a language to provide a flexible environment for technical computing
Matlab integrates mathematical computing, visualization, and a powerful language to provide a flexible environment for technical computing.
Matlab has an open architecture that makes it easy to use, and its companion products to explore data, create algorithms, and create custom tools that provide early insights and competitive advantages.
MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. Using the MATLAB product, you can solve technical computing problems faster than with traditional programming languages, such as C, C++, and Fortran.
You can use MATLAB in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.
Add-on toolboxes (collections of special-purpose MATLAB functions, available separately) extend the MATLAB environment to solve particular classes of problems in these application areas.
MATLAB provides a number of features for documenting and sharing your work. You can integrate your MATLAB code with other languages and applications, and distribute your MATLAB algorithms and applications.
NOTE: To download this software you will need to create an account HERE.
Here are some key features of "Matlab":
- High-level language for technical computing
- Development environment for managing code, files, and data
- Interactive tools for iterative exploration, design, and problem solving
- Mathematical functions for linear algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, and numerical integration
- 2-D and 3-D graphics functions for visualizing data
- Tools for building custom graphical user interfaces
- Functions for integrating MATLAB based algorithms with external applications and languages, such as C, C++, Fortran, Java, COM, and Microsoft Excel
- Disk space: 1 GB for MATLAB only
- RAM: 1024 MB (At least 2048 MB recommended)
- All Intel-based Macs with an Intel Core 2 or later
- TCP/IP is required on all platforms when using a license server.
- Language and Programming:
- table data container for managing, sorting, and filtering mixed-type tabular data
- categorical array for ordered and unordered categorical data
- timeit function for robust time estimates of function execution
- localfunctions function for getting handles to all local functions in a file
- Functions for writing, executing, and verifying tests using the matlab.unittest testing framework without creating custom classes
- matlab.mixin.CustomDisplay utility class to write custom display methods
- flip function, a faster and more memory efficient alternative to flipdim for flipping arrays and vectors
- Improved viewing and editing of one-dimensional structure arrays in the Variables editor
- Improved management of a large number of open files, figures, and documentation pages
- Expand all option for opening collapsed sections in documentation pages for printing and in-page searching
- Java integration updated to version 7, providing access to new Java features and bug fix...