Mathomatic is an easy to use yet powerful command line application that helps you conduct quick calculations and symbolic math from a Terminal window.
Mathomatic's interface was designed to be as general and easy to use as possible, and as a result does not provide any programming capability.
Mathomatic provides and helps you use most of the rules of algebra for subtraction (-), addition (+), multiplication (*), modulo division (%), division (/), and all forms of exponentiation (^).
Mathomatic is able to run under any operating system with a C compiler, mainly under GNU/Linux.
Here are some key features of "Mathomatic":
· Combine and solve algebraic equations
· Completely simplify, expand, and compare expressions
· Do calculus transformations (derivative, extrema, polynomial integral and Laplace and Taylor series)
· Help with series analysis (sum and product)
· Do standard, complex number, and polynomial arithmetic
· Generate efficient C, Java, and Python code from equations
· Performs quick calculations
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 10/30/12 - Added "plot_circle.in" to tests directory. It simply plots a perfect unit circle, using gnuplot and the Pythagorean theorem.