Math Minion is an OS X application that can be either a well built scientific calculator that comprehends what units are, or a advanced modelling utility better suited to engineering and science problems than traditional spreadsheet apps.
Math Minion merges a mind map style depiction of the relationships between expressions, with a formula system that handles scalars, arrays and matrices transparently.
Math Minion supports the use of iCloud document handling to share your sessions between your different devices, including between the Mac and your iOS devices.
Even if you are only running Math Minion on a single Mac, you might want to use iCloud as it will enable a convenient interface for dealing with your stored sessions.
NOTE: To download Math Minion via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Math Minion":
· equations that work equally well with scalars, arrays and matrices
· a function library that in addition to the usual suspects includes, matrix multiplication, matrix inversion, comparison functions, an interpolation function and more.
· a flexible unit conversion system that helps automate dimensional analysis
· models and model arrays for information and calculation encapsulation
· a solver for one or more nonlinear equations
· an optimizer
· an ordinary differential equation solver
· an iterator tool.
· a x-y graph tool.
· The iOS version can store and retrieve sessions from Dropbox
· 64-bit processor
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The input and outlet connection lines for the selected object are now highlighted in different colours on the diagram. This makes them easier to follow on complex diagrams.
· There is also now an option on an object's context menu to hide its diagram connections. However the connections of a selected object are always shown.
· Added mg as a standard mass unit and mass volume (inverse of mass density) as a standard unit type.
· Upgraded the embedded JQuery to version 2.0