Matematica modules contain most of the mathematical functions that one would need to work from basic algebra to more complex operations.
Matematica is a set of modules with mathematical functions for AppleScript.
There are five modules so that they can be distributed using Script Editor. These modules have been divided (more or less) in order to make each module independent and targeting a specific subject.
Here are some key features of "Matematica":
· Module 1: This module have handlers that allows the user to change the base representation of any number from any base from 2 to 16 to another base in the same range.
· Module 2: This module have handlers that compute some statistical functions of a list of numbers.
· Module 3: This module have handlers that compute all trigonometric functions and its inverses, changes coordinates from rectangular to polar and vice versa, changes from radians to degrees and vice versa. Writes degrees with decimal place to minutes and seconds and vice versa. All the computation of the trigonometric functions is in radians.
· Module 4: This module have handlers that compute the exponential function(e^x), the logarithmic function in any base greater than 1, all hyperbolic functions and their inverses.
· Module 5: This module have handlers that compute factorials, and some combinatorics functions. It is used mostly in the computation of Taylor series.