Maple is a complex application designed to provide the tools to analyze, visualize, explore and find solutions to mathematical problems.
Maple gathers under the same intuitive interface over 5000 functions and thus is able to handle every type of problem and mathematics.
The smart document environment allows you to keep in the same place all kinds of technical knowledge such as calculations, explanatory text and math, graphics, sound, images and diagrams.
Here are some key features of "Maple":
· Smart Document Environment
· High Performance Computing
· Recommended RAM: 512 MB.
· Hard Disk: 1 GB.
· Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2 or higher installed.
· CD-ROM drive (for CD installation).
· 16-bit color at 1024 by 768 (or greater) resolution recommended.
· Internal TCP/IP connections enabled.
· Classic Worksheet is not available on this platform.
· System performance may be affected if running below the recommended memory requirement.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Platform support. Maple 16 now works on these additional platforms:
· Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise
· Macintosh OS X 10.8
Connectivity. Connectivity features have been extended to include:
· MATLAB 2012b
· Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 (using these instructions)
Physics. Enhancements were made to several areas of the Physics package, including:
· Algebraic manipulations of dot products of quantum operators (possibly tensorial) and eigenstates
· Algebraic simplification taking into account commutation/anticommutation rules
· Simplification of tensor products involving the sum rule for repeated indices in the presence of symmetric and antisymmetric tensors
· Dagger, Commutator, AntiCommutator, Bracket
· Normal forms of products of quantum operators
· Saving and loading Physics setup across sessions
· Allowing selective partial clearing of setting using Setup(clear, )
· Copying and pasting of textbook display (typesetting = extended)
· Efficiency. Enhancements were made to memo...