MTEX aims to simplify your work with crystallographic geometries especially when it comes to symmetries, 4 Euler angle conventions and crystallographic information files (CIF).
MTEX also provides you tools for pole figure analysis ( 20 data formats, data correction, ODF calculation, automatic ghost correction, zero range method, pole figure simulation), EBSD data analysis (5 data formats, data correction, grain reconstruction, ODF calculation, grain boundary analysis, miss orientation analysis, EBSD simulation, ODF analysis (model ODFs (uniform, unimodal, fibre, Bingham, Fourier) and much more.
MTEX is cross-platform and it works on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the MTEX utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "MTEX":
· Analyze and visualize crystallographic geometries
· Calculate with model ODFs
· Import, analyze and visualize diffraction data
· Recover orientation density functions (ODFs)
· Calculate texture characteristics
· Create publication ready plots
· Writing scripts to process many data sets
· MATLAB 7.1 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· much better export to jpg and png image files
· improved import wizard
· Miller(2,0,0) is now different from Miller(1,0,0)
· new EBSD interfaces h5, Bruker, Dream3d
· various speedups
· fix: startup error http://code.google.com/p/mtex/issues/detail?id=99
· fix: XRDML pole figure interface http://code.google.com/p/mtex/issues/detail?id=100
· fix: Rigaku csv interface