MASON is a fast discrete-event multiagent simulation library core in Java, designed to be the foundation for large custom-purpose Java simulations, and also to provide more than enough functionality for many lightweight simulation needs.
MASON contains both an optional suite of visualization tools in 2D and 3, and a model library.
Here are some key features of "MASON":
· 100% Java (1.3 or higher)
· Fast, portable, and fairly small
· Models are completely independent from visualization, which can be added, removed, or changed at any time
· Models may be checkpointed and recovered, and dynamically migrated across platforms
· Can produce results that are identical across platforms
· Models are self-contained and can run inside other Java frameworks and applications
· 2D and 3D visualization
· Can generate PNG snapshots, Quicktime movies, charts and graphs, and output data streams
· Java 1.3 or later