Powerful, sophisticated curve fitting and data analysis. KaleidaGraph is a technical graphing and data analysis program for MAC and PC users.
KaleidaGraph contains graphing, regression analysis and statistics all in one easy-to-use application.
KaleidaGraph possesses a nice suite of statistics functions (e.g. Kruskal-Wallis, Friedman, Holm, Dunnett).
Programming in KaleidaGraph involves creating either Plot Scripts or Macros. Plot Scripts allow you to repeatedly create the same plot with different data sets.
Macros allow you to write programs for analyzing and transforming data in the data window.
Here are some key features of "KaleidaGraph":
Powerful Curve Fitting:
· Built-in fits include: Smooth Weighted, Cubic Spline, and Interpolate curve fits, as well as Least Squares Regressions (linear, polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and power).
· Includes a library of over 100 industry-specific formulas you can customize.
· Utilize a predefined fit or enter your own equation (up to 9 parameters)
· Define up to 16 curve fits for simultanoues use on a single plot.
· Extrapolate curve fits to axis limits.
· Show fit equation, parameters, and R or R2.
· Copy the values of the curve fit or the residuals into the data window for further analysis.
· Type data directly into the data window.
· Open Excel files directly.
· Import Tab, Space, and Comma delimited text files created in other applications.
· Read user specified data formats, including fixed / variable data widths and read / skip capabilitiy.
· Preview your data set while importing it.
· Windows and Macintosh data and graphs are fully interchangeable. DDE client support (Windows version).
· Line, Scatter (X-Y), Double-X, Double-Y, Double-XY, High/Low, Step, Probability, X-Y Probability, Histogram, Box, Percentile, Horizontal Bar, Stack Bar, Column, Stack Column, Polar, Pie Summary Column, Double Y Bar, Double Y Column, Dot and Function (enter a formula).
· Binned data can be exported to a Histtogram, Step Plot, or Spike Plot.
· Fully customize your plot's attributes (axis limits, label frequency, ticks, grids, color, font, style, legend, plot size, etc.)
· Create customized color palettes.
· Control the number of markers displayed, marker shape (36 choices), size, and color.
· Control the ticks and axis labels on the X2 and Y2 axes by creating a link to their primary axis.
· Set the initial tick mark and specify tick intervals.
· Log or Linear axis settings.
· Partial decades allowed on any log axis.
· Option to use standard baseline instead of 1 on column plots with a log axis.
· Display rulers and grids for placing plot elements.
· Preview your plot changes without leaving the dialog.
· Add very flexible axis breaks.
· Cross axis at a specific value.
· Freely position the plot axis at any desired location.
· Display scientific and engineering plot labels in one of five formats.
· Add Lines, Arrows, Boxes, Ovals, Arcs, Polygons, and Bezier curves to the plot.
· Choose from 11 different styles for lines and arrows.
· Copy, Duplicate, Group, Align, and Layer objects.
· Up to 160 open data windows (containing up to 1000 columns by 1 million rows each).
· Data Formats: Floating point, Double precision, Integer, Data, Time, and Text.
· Display date and time values in one of 18 formats.
· Perform multi-level sorts on the data.
· Make notes about your data (Posted Note).
· Update the plot automatically (or on-demand) if any changes are made in the data window.
· Independently adjustable column width and row height.
· Select font, font size, style, justification, font color and background color for individual columns.
· Add horizontal and vertical splits to compare different sections of the same data window.
· Perform key operations quickly using the Toolbar.
Data Analysis & Manipulations:
· Statistics - Parametric Tests: One and two way ANOVA (with repeated measures), t-test.Nonparametric Tests: Wilcoxon (Signed Rank, Matched Pairs, Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney), Kruskal-Wallis, and Friedman. Post Hoc Tests: Tukey HSD, Bonferonni, Holm, Student-Newman-Keuls, Scheffe, Fisher's LSD and Dunnett. Descriptive Statistics: Min, Max, Sum, Points, Mean, Median, RMS, Std Deviation, Variance, Std Error, Skewness, and Kurtosis.
· Formula entry - Select from over 100 menu items to create algebraic equations for data manipulations.Use scripts to automate the process of importing data, manipulating data, creating plots, and exporting or printing plots.
· Macro Calculato - Use Conditional testing, Boolean testing, Subroutines, and Nested Loops. 1000 step RPN program capability.
Special Plot Features:
· User selectable error bars can be added with independent upper and lowe error types. Error values can be calculated or specified in a data column.
· Graphically mask data regions to temporarily eliminate data point. Numerical values of bars, columns, or pie slices can be placed automatically on the plot.
· Plot up to 20 dependent variables at once on a single set of axes. Combine multiple data sets on a single plot.
· Plot multiple X variables from one data set.
· Use the Extract button to display any data windows used to create the plot.
Export / Import & Print:
· Export plots as Metafile, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PICT, PNG, and BMP files. EPS also utilizing printer driver.
· Import Metafile, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PICT, BMP, and EPS files.
· Use the page layout feature to easily combine plots, text, and graphics on a single page.
· OLE Server support (Windows version).
· Save plots and layout in a single file.
· Seamless interaction with Microsoft Office including ungrouping of plots in PowerPoint.
· 256 RAM recommended
· 45MB free HDD space
· 45 days trial period.
· Save and export options disabled.
· Cut and Copy cannot be used in the plot and layout windows.
· Printed files will have a "demo banner".
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for the Intel Macintosh.
· Bitmap file export (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF) now uses QuickTime to generate the export files. As a result, a number of new features have been added such as byte ordering, LZW compression, and variable JPEG export quality.
· High Resolution TIFF images are now exported with a resolution of 576 dpi.