JSesh is a powerful and easy to use utility that can be used to edit Egyptian hieroglyphic texts, and also contains a library that allows you to include hieroglyphic texts in Java software.
JSesh is completely freeware and includes its source code in the package.
Here are some key features of "JSesh":
· JSesh is a complete and professionally usable hieroglyphic editor.
· JSesh texts can be copied and pasted into other software (as MS/Word or Openoffice). It is also possible to create pictures in various graphical formats (jpeg, png, pdf, svg, emf, macpict, etc...)
· It is is definitely allowed to use JSesh for publication. Mention of its use (in the same way one does mention fonts used in a book) would be nice, but is not an absolute requirement.
· JSesh is free: you can download and use it at no cost, and give copies of it.
· JSesh is open source: its java code is freely available (under the LGPL license).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· the last line of a justified text is left as is if the line is too short.
· inter-quadrant skips are now parts of document preferences and they can be changed.