A very easy to use, simple 2D static and dynamic structural analysis toolkit that can be accessed at any given time from the desktop
JBeam supports arbitrary hinged Euler-Bernoulli and Thimoshenko beams and truss elements.
JBeam is developed using the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- object oriented graphical user interface
- static and modal analysis of plane frame structures
- customizable view and snap grid
- beam and truss elements, optional modelling of shear deformation
- arbitrary hinged elements
- nodal loads
- linear distributed loads
- numerical output to ASCII or HTML file
- implemented on Java2 platform, JDK/JRE 1.2 and higher supported
- runs as application or applet
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release improves the graphical display of model and result data.
- It has improved mouse interaction with drag and zoom functionality.
- The code base is updated to Java 6 and contains many bugfixes