Gwyddion is an application that was developed for the analysis of height fields obtained by means of scanning probe microscopy techniques (AFM, MFM, STM, SNOM/NSOM).
Gwyddion's graphical user interface is based on Gtk+ and port to other systems supported by Gtk+ should be possible.
Here are some key features of "Gwyddion":
· visualization: false color representation with different types of mapping
· shaded, logarithmical, gradient- and edge-detected, local contrast representation, Canny lines
· OpenGL 3D data display: false color or material representation
· Easily editable color maps and OpenGL materials
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian, Spanish.
· libgwyprocess: Bogus normalisation/possible crash in gwy_data_field_area_dh() in presence of mask on non-square area was fixed. distribution if the area contains no data due to masking.
· libgwyprocess: gwy_data_field_area_dh() returns a reasonable empty distribution if the area contains no data due to masking.
· libgwyprocess: Radial PSDF normalisation was corrected to be really sampling-independent and correspond to the formula in user guide.
· libgwyprocess: Double-free error if the initial Delaunay triangulation step fails was corrected.
· libgwyprocess: Swapped x and y coordinates of spectra in serialisation were fixed.
· libgwyprocess: Added brick (3D) data support backported from Gwyddion 3 development branch.
· libgwydgets: Crashes upon clicking colour selection buttons were fixed.
· libgwydgets: 3D view false colour axis shows overlay, not height units in the overlay mode.