Gamera combines a programming library with GUI tools for the training and interactive development of recognition systems.
Gamera is a Python-based framework, with many extensions in C for low-level image processing.
Gamera runs on Mac OS X, Linux (and probably other flavors of *nix), and Microsoft Windows.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GA optimization module rewritten from scratch
· evolutionary optimization now for selection and weighting implemented
· replacement of used library (GALib was replaced by EO)
· optimization process is now highly configurable
· fitness evaluation is now parallelizable
· knncoremodule splitted in header and implementation file
· feature normalization for noninteractive classifier now works
· feature selection supported as a better alternative to feature weighting
· components of individual features can be switsched on or off with
· Point-types can be added
· new plugins brink_threshold and diagonal_projections (feature)
new C++ operators in dimension type Point:
· addition with operator+
· comparison with operator<
· this makes no reals sense, but allows Points to be keys in maps)
· convex_hull could return doublets in the point list