GC-EAD is free and easy to use software for acquiring and evaluating gas chromatograph (GC) electro-antennographic detection (EAD) data for use in insect research.
GC-EAD is coupled gas chromatography - electroantennographic detection. GC-EAD is an analytical procedure that permits the rapid identification of compounds in complex mixtures that stimulate the olfactory sensilla of an insect.
In other words, GC-EAD can tell you what specific chemicals an insect can smell (and, to some degree, ones it can't), and it can use odors derived directly from natural sources.
This information can be used to discover potentially useful compounds (such as sex pheromones) that alter the behavior of insects.
Here are some key features of "GC-EAD":
· Supports data recording with IDAC2 and IDAC4 from Syntech (Mac only supports IDAC2)
· Multiple recordings in one file
· On-screen adjustment of recorded data
· Easy marking of peaks
· Results can be printed or saved to an image file
· Recorded data and retention data can be exported for external processing
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In the pre-recording dialog, give FID display a fixed height.