FCM is a free and easy to use Java application for creating fractal graphics. All generated images are stored in a list and are playable as a clip.
Thanks to that flip-book concept FCM is easy to handle. With the aid of an arbitrary external software you can generate an AVI or MPEG file too. Ideal to do that is the open source application MEncoder.
Here are some key features of "FCM":
· Creation of Mandelbrot pictures
· Creation of Julia pictures
· Zooming in and out
· Adjusting of all image parameters
· Adjusting of colors
· Creation of animations
· moving the plane
· adjusting colors
· manipulation of Julia set's c-parameter
· No installation necessary, unpacking the ZIP file is sufficient
· User interface and manual complete in English and German
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FCM comes with an executable file "fcm.exe" now. The former file "fcm.jar" is still available.
· FCM is deployed with an installer (Windows only).
· Under Windows Vista and Windows 7 you could not see which image in the image list is activated.
· Minor bugfixes.