Evidence Based OMT can be used by students, clinicians or educators that are involved or have a genuine interest in the practice or the teaching of manipulative therapy for musculoskeletal disorders.
Evidence Based OMT is a comprehensive companion providing manipulative techniques for the 9 different body regions, presented in the context of best current evidence.
Step by step written instructions, high-quality video demonstration with audio, indications for use, and evidence to support each technique.
Summaries of the most recent clinical research involving manipulative therapy are provided for each body region (cervical, lumbar, thoracic, shoulder, elbow, wrist-hand, hip, knee, foot-ankle) with links to PUBmed abstracts of relevant clinical studies.
Additionally a brief summary of the history of manipulative therapy is presented, as well as definitions of terminology.
· Osteopathic physicians
· Physical Therapists / Physiotherapists
· Clinicians managing patients with musculoskeletal conditions
· Medical students, interns, residents, fellows in any of these disciplines
· Educators/Academicians in any of these disciplines
· Anyone interested in manipulative/manual therapy
NOTE: Evidence Based OMT can only be downloaded via the Mac App Store (the download link redirects you to its App Store page). To purchase/download applications via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Evidence Based OMT":
· Instructions for 138 orthopedic manipulative techniques
· High-quality video demonstration for each technique
· Each video includes two angles of the technique being performed. Therefore, there’s no guessing the important or even subtle details of the techniques performance (pause, rewind, forward within the video)
· Each video includes corresponding audio instructions that describe the technique as it’s being performed
· Each technique includes common diagnoses or “indications” for which the technique is typically performed
· Techniques include high-velocity thrust joint manipulations, non-thrust joint mobilizations, muscle stretching and “contract-relax” stretching techniques
· Summaries of the current state of the research on OMT for all body regions
· Links to PUBmed abstracts of research on OMT
· Historical overview of manipulative therapy
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated evidence summaries for all body regions
· Optimized for Lion OS